Heart, Dagger & Snake Tattoo Tights by Stop & Stare
***NEXT DAY DELIVERY: this item may not be available for next day delivery in Ireland, so please get in touch with us before ordering.
You may have asked yourself why the universal symbol for medicine is composed of two things - daggers and snakes - that can actually kill you? Known as the Staff of Asclepius, it's a serpent-entwined rod wielded by the Greek god Asclepius, who is associated with healing and medicine. The significance of the serpent has been interpreted in many ways: sometimes the shedding of skin and renewal is emphasized as symbolizing rejuvenation, while others center on the serpent as a symbol of the dual nature of the work of the physician, who deals with life and death, sickness and health. This explains why the dagger and snake tattoo design has the lofty position of being universally known as renewal and rebirth.
- Colourful heart, dagger & snake print on one side of the leg: can be worn on either side or twisted to the front or back
- 20 Denier material with advanced Lycra® fibres: for natural make-up finish that is also long-lasting and durable
- Wide comfort waistband: to keep your tights in place all day long without cutting into your skin
- Sheer to waist brief: for your shortest dresses, skirts and shorts
- Cotton gusset: has hygienic effect of underwear, so you can skip one if you wish
- Flat seams: no more bulging seams under tight-fitting clothes
- Sandal toes: invisible reinforcement for your favourite peep toes
- 78% polyamide, 20% elastane, 2% cotton
- Designed and hand-made in Ireland